Need something to make your printing pop? Create an eye-catching piece that will get your business noticed and remembered by adding a foil stamp to business cards, invitations, stationery, and other promotional materials
What is Foil Stamping?
Using foil to decorate printed materials has a long tradition. It ties back to the process of gilding, where items like picture frames or furniture are covered with a layer of gold leaf. Historically, manuscripts and books were also decorated with gold leaf and metallic foils.
Today, decorating with metallic foil is certainly more common than gold leaf. With a range of materials and objects available for foil imprints, you can affordably add a touch of elegance to your promotional materials.
The Foil Process
The beginning of the process is similar to engraving or debossing. First, a metal die is etched with your design. The die goes into a stamping machine that feeds foil through a set of rollers. Three layers come together: the heated die on one side, foil in the middle, and paper on the other end. In one fluid motion, the die trims the foil to your design, then imprints it into the paper.
Watch foil stamping in action in this video:
Foil can be applied to the even surface of the paper, or it can be combined with other processes like embossing, where a die raises your design off the paper for a dimensional look.
Using Foil for your Business
Foil stamping has a wide range of applications and can be used for just about any project. Some popular uses include:
- Business Cards: A business card is often a potential customer’s first point of contact with your business. Adding foil to your design will really wow a recipient.
- Stationery: Create an eye catching and memorable look for your stationery and envelopes by printing them with foils.
- Presentation Folders: Whether you’re hosting an event or want to organize your marketing materials into one package, presentation folders are an effective solution. And, they look especially striking when printed with metallic foils.
- Promotional Materials & Packaging: A touch of foil on a booklet, brochure, gift bag, or custom box adds excitement to your products and offerings.
- Invitations: Wedding and event invitations are one of the most popular places to use foils. Make your occasion even more special by printing an unforgettable invitation with foil stamping.
What’s the impact and benefit of adding foil stamping, embossing, or engraving to your printed image pieces? You’ll instantly make a remarkable and memorable impression. Hand someone a document with any of these finishes and then watch their hands and fingers sweep over the surface, like someone reading braille. This makes your effort “more” than just print. Your print is now making a physical and emotional connection. The power of print.
At Paw Print, we offer foil stamped, engraved, embossed and debossed products. Stop in today to explore our samples and foil choices, and see how foil stamping can help your brand make a positive and powerful impression.
Subscribe to our email list so you never miss a post from Paw Print!